Objectives | Main Functions
Implementation of justice based on provision of Islamic law contained in written law comprises of Al-Quran, As-Sunnah, Ijma’ Ulama and Qias and Federal Constitution pursuant to principles of Syariah (hukm Syara’).
- To receive, hear and decide cases brought before Syariah Court according to Syariah principle and provisions;
- To decide and enforce order according to Syariah principles and written law;
- To receive, hear and decide appeal cases systematically and effectively;
- To receive, hear and decide on division of deceased’s estate (known as “faraid”);
- To develop sufficient Human Resources that are efficient;
- To settle a dispute by way of Sulh (Syariah Mediation) based on mutual agreement without any force throughout mediation and arbitration; and
- To implement the usage of E-Syariah and Sistem Perakaunan Berkomputer Standard Untuk Kerajaan Negeri (known as SPEKS).